Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas {Round 2}

After our quick trip to celebrate Christmas with Brandon's family, we headed back to Arkansas for Christmas at my Grandma's with my Dad's family. There were several missing but we still had 50ish (I can't remember the count) there. Such a fun time! There was LOTS of food!






It was also super cold that day so the kids didn't get to play outside like they normally do but they had a lot of fun playing together. It just blesses my heart to see my kids playing with all of my cousins kids at my grandparents house. Just like I used to play with my cousins. I'm so thankful that we are all so close.

The cousins. There are several of missing. Love them!

Christmas- "Then and Now" Weren't we cute?
Most of the great grand-kids. A bunch of sweet kiddos!



After dinner, we opened gifts. The women draw kids names at our Thanksgiving get together to make sure that every child has one gift to open. This year I drew Gracie's name. I heard from a little birdie that she liked the canvas that I made for her sister a few years ago and that she liked the "Browning" symbol stuff. So I came up with this. We paired it with a cute jean jacket.



My kiddos got some great gifts, too. It is always so much fun to see what all of the kids end up with.




















The gift exchange for adults is fun. We separate men and women gifts and draw numbers to play the "Chinese" game. It's funny because Holly, mom and I always pick our own gifts or work together to make sure we get each others gifts. Not that we don't like what everyone else brings...I just get nervous that I'll pick something I don't need or want! haha! So I know that if I pick something that I brought myself, I'll love it. My brother's girlfriend, Allyson, picked her own gift, too! I think she'll fit right in with us girls :) Speaking of fitting in....My brother PROPOSED to her the night before! FINALLY!! Yay! We are so excited and look forward to helping plan and be a part of their big wedding in 2014!!


 
 


Then everyone gathered around to watch Grandma open her gifts. I have to say that this is hard to watch. I can see and imagine my Grandpa being there. I miss him so much, everyday. But, especially on days like today. Love you, Grandpa!



We spent the rest of the day munching on leftovers and visiting.




 
My grandma kept talking about what a great day it was. I have to agree! We all had such a great day! Lots of fun, happy memories! We are blessed!

No comments: