Saturday, March 30, 2013

Here comes Peter Cottontail..

The Farmington Kiwanis Club puts on an "Eggstravaganza" every year and I was so excited because this year, Daddy didn't have to work!! He has worked EVERY Saturday for over 3 years and it got really old. He missed everything with the kids on the weekends. This Saturday was his first off and he no longer works on Saturdays. Yay! Anyways, we went to Laney's school for the Kiwanis Club egg hunt on Saturday afternoon. It had rained a lot so everything was moved indoors. I didn't take many pictures because it was very crowded and the kids didn't want to wait in lines to play games so we basically just ate, saw the Easter Bunny and left. The kids were disappointed because they just handed out bags of eggs since they couldn't do the egg hunt. It was still a lot of fun and we love supporting our community!


After the egg hunt, we headed to Mr. Brennen's party! Brennen was my niece Emry's neighbor in the NICU in Little Rock, when they were born. I can't believe they are TWO already! 

No, this is not a mirror image. Sadie wrote her name backwards on Brennen's card. I'm not even sure how she did it but she didn't even notice until Laney pointed it out! Ha! We had a good laugh about it. :)

Sadie and Emry

Laney and Alli


Cade






After the party, we went to visit my Papa. I forgot to take pictures and didn't realize until we had already left... Blah! The kids had fun playing out front on the tree and blowing bubbles and we got to have a nice visit with Papa. 

We also took him and my Aunt Donna and Uncle Sherman some Easter goodies and a few late happy birthday cards for Donna. 

Aren't these precious?


I had a few gift cards from Christmas and for some work I did painting a canvas for Allyson so I made a quick (or not so quick) stop by Old Navy and bought some new clothes. They had so many good deals! I was excited!!

6 things for 50ish dollars. Not too bad!


Later that evening we started working on our Easter desserts for Grandma's house. We also found a few crafts to do on Pinterest but only ended up having time to make one. We also painted eggs for the egg hunt.



Ready to make jelly bean chocolate candy





Yummy!

I found this idea on Pinterest and let's just say it was a {Pinterest fail.} Totally didn't work like I had imagined. Instead of gluing them to clothespins, we ended up just taping them to paper. They turned out cute, though :)

This was what I had planned on making...Yeah, no..




It didn't work out like the Pinterest idea, so we made these instead. Still, SUPER cute!




Sadie made this at school. She was SO proud :) Very sweet!

Sadie also made this. She ended up hanging it on our mantle.


Next, we colored our eggs. The kids love this but whew, I stay on edge the whole time. Thankfully, Daddy only cooked 12 eggs, so they each only had 4 to color :)


















He had to kiss his eggs :0)



Finished eggs!

We decided to try out some of our candy that we made! YUMMY!






Then Mommy and Daddy hid some eggs around the house, before bed. Fun times!





 Mommy made some more yummy candy before bed! :)


Found this sneaky little boy, asleep in my bed, after I cleaned up the kitchen! 































No comments: