Monday, October 15, 2012

Fun Fall Day!




I absolutely LOVE Fall!! Back earlier this summer, I had told my husband that I was going to be disappointed once Fall got here because it was SO hot, dry and we had drought conditions in our state for the entire summer. I just knew that it would dry everything up and ruin chances for a pretty Fall. Surprisingly, it is still so very beautiful!! Reds, yellows, oranges-everywhere! Thank you God for painting such a beautiful place to live!

We took a road trip to Boxley yesterday with my parents, sister and her kids, brother and his girlfriend and my Grandma. From our house it is about a 2 1/2 hour drive. We left out after church and spent a few hours at my Grandma's and then loaded up some picnic supplies and headed out!


First, we made a stop at Lost Valley and went on a long walk through the trails! SO much fun! My parents had bought the kids "walking sticks" this summer on our camping trip so we brought those along. We found lots of cool rocks, trees and leaves. There were a lot of people out yesterday. It was really nice out!

Pepaw, Grandma and Laney




Laney found a big leaf!




Emry was captivated by the view above her!

I can't blame her! ;)
Next, we went back to the pavilion and had a quick picnic and played in the leaves. These sweet babies had so much fun! They laughed and ran and giggled. Love them!!












Then we headed back down the road to look for elk! My kids enjoyed this a lot! Cade is very serious about "deer hunting" and kept hushing us if we tried to talk! Ha! We got to hear the bull "screaming" as Cade called it and saw so many and they were HUGE!!














Great day! So thankful for my family!!

No comments: