Tuesday, July 28, 2009

It's a BOY!




So I realize that i'm almost two weeks late posting this but IT'S A BOY!!!!!!! WOO HOO!! Brandon and I feel truly blessed and Brandon has said numerous times how "perfect" our family will be now. :) Last Monday, we went to the doctor at 8:00 a.m. (I made the appointment early-couldn't stand the thought of waiting all day) and so we got called back to the ultrasound room and let me tell ya: I WAS SO NERVOUS!! I was sick all morning trying to get ready and when I layed down on that table, I was shaking like a leaf!! Brandon was surprisingly calm. Laney and Sadie went with us and they were both very excited to find out. Laney was hoping for girl and Sadie said it was a boy!






(yes I am aware that he may beat me when he gets older for posting this one..ha)



So, the tech starts getting all the measurements she needs for the doctor and looking around and then she asks us if we'd like to know the sex? HELLO, UM YEAH, THAT'S WHY WE ARE HERE!!?? Anyways, a few weeks back I had this dream that the ultrasound showed a little wee-wee and then turned to a vagina!! FREAKED ME OUT! haha So Brandon and I both kept seeing something that we thought was the "male part" but didn't say anything...I was honestly waiting for it to turn to a "girl part". Finally, she said "Well, it looks like a BOY to me!!" WHEW, what a relief (not that we wouldn't have loved her if it had been a girl but we really wanted a boy)!! I cried. Brandon cried. It was precious! Utter shock. As a matter of fact, we're still having a hard time believing we're gonna have a boy! Brandon always said that he had the two most beautiful, sweet girls in the world so he knew we were having a boy because there could never be girls more prettier or more precious than the ones we already had. Of course, Brandon and our doctor shared some high fives before we left! Immediately after walking out of the doctors office, my phone and facebook started blowing up with texts and people wanting to know :) So I sent them this picture for a clue :)
Laney had seen on her favorite show (The Duggars) where Josh and Anna cut a cake to reveal the sex of their baby and so when we told Laney we were fixing to find out the sex of our baby she said "I WANNA CUT THE CAKE!!!" So we decided to tell our family/friends the same way. We planned a reveal party at Chuck E Cheese that night and it was SO much fun!! My family wasn't too happy about having to wait from 8 a.m. till 6:30 that night but they got over it! haha





We have decided to name him Cade Mackenzie. His name was purely accidental! Brandon and I went to Olive Garden for our anniversary on July 5th and we were talking baby names and Brandon kept getting "mad" at me everytime I mentioned a girls name! I thought Kate would be a cute name cause it's my grandma's grandmothers name and Alli's middle name is Katelynn so I thought that would be kind of pretty. So I said "How bout Kate?" Brandon glared at me and I was like "I didn't say Kate!! I said CADE!!" haha He was like "You know what? I really like that name!!" So there we had it: Cade! And Mackenzie is Brandon's middle name and it's also the maiden name of his grandmother on his dad's side. We are so excited and just can't wait till HE is here!!

2 comments:

The Walker's said...

I CAN'T WAIT EITHER!!!!
I LOVE YOU ALREADY CADE MACKENZIE!!

Nana said...

Well I thought you were never gonna post the big news!! I am beyond excited to be getting a grandson. It honestly did not matter one way or the other whether it was a boy or girl but I am so excited that we are getting a boy! Nana can not wait to meet our little man! December seems like a very long time to have to wait!