Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Month of Thanks {Day Six}

Today I woke up VERY thankful.... And it was all because of......


 After our accident last December, she and her daughter (my cousin) Sarah graciously offered to come and clean my house. It sparkled. The whole house looked AWESOME! I was most impressed with my bathrooms. I do not know how but the woman made it look and smell great. My showers have never been so clean! Ever. 

Anyways, skip ahead to last night. Sarah texted to see if I would be home. A few hours later they showed up. First, she brought Cade a BIG balloon since he had been so sick and it made his day. He's played with it all morning!



Then, she brought chocolate for all of my kiddies. Yum!


And for the icing on the cake, she said "You girls sit down and visit, I brought my bag here and I'm going to go clean your bathrooms!" What??? Yes, she did! She said she knew I had been really busy lately with the banquet and sickness, etc. so she wanted to do something nice for me! Honestly, who loves cleaning bathrooms?? Apparently, my sweet Aunt Netta does!! I begged her not to but she insisted! I love her!


For as long as I can remember, my Aunt Netta has been doing nice things for everyone. I have seen this lady bend over backwards to help or do something sweet for someone and she never expects anything in return. 

This is she and I. She STILL hugs me cheek to cheek like this everytime I see her. LOVE!


If you need or want something, she does her best to do it. Even if you don't ask for it....like this.....


Yes, that is me....my poor, poor hair! This was one of many perms that she gave to me! :)

My children love her to pieces! Laney and Netta have a joke and I'm not really sure where it came from or when it started but they call each other "Ketchup and Mustard" and I think Sadie and Cade are now "Mayonaise and Pickle" now or something like that. Cracks me up! Anyways, it's funny because my kids are mostly shy around adults. Yes, even family. But they usually open up and laugh and giggle with Aunt Netta.



She is also one of the funniest people I know. She loves to laugh and always has a funny joke or story or does something (I won't mention because Sarah would be embarrassed) and I just love her humor! I also love getting random texts from her with funny pictures like this: 


She loves to cook. Her hot rolls are the BEST! I can't wait to eat them at Thanksgiving! She loves her grandchildren more than anything in this world. She would do anything for them and I'm quite certain she would do anything for any of us as well. Some of my favorite memories as a child were the summers that I would spend weeks at her house. She also keeps me company when I'm afraid during a storm. I HATE tornadoes and she and I always text each other and pray together when it's storming.

I could spend a day writing the things that I love about Aunt Netta. Seriously, could go on for days..I absolutely do not know what I would ever do without this lady! I hope that I can be as great to my nieces/nephews as she is to me! She is one of the greatest people I know and I love her SO very much and I'm extremely thankful for her!!!

Oh, and because I know if he sees this he will gripe because I did not mention him...haha! I LOVE my sweet Uncle Joe too :) Even if he does tell my sister that she is his favorite. Whatev!

No comments: