Saturday, November 10, 2012

Month of Thanks {Day Ten}

I can not believe it is November 10th and we are able to have a garage sale! The day started out windy but by the end of the afternoon, it had warmed up and was quite nice outside. I recently became friends with another Momma from Laney's school and invited her over to put some things in the garage sale and hang out all day. The garage sale went really well! We were open from about 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. and I was impressed with our sales totals!

After things slowed down a little, we let the kids come outside to play. Laney and Sadie decided to set up their little table and try to sell some water. They were going to sell some cookies but it had been so busy throughout the morning that I didn't have time.

For years, we have had this little boot cup from Dixie Stampede. I think it was one of Brandon's cups when he was a boy. Anyways, the girls keep their loose change in it. Sometimes, Laney sells her artwork and she also keeps that money inside the boot. Every year when we go to Shriner's Hospital for Sadie' appointment, they take that money and buy toys for the kids that are patients there. Absolutely precious!!



I am KICKING myself so hard because I did not get a picture of Laney's sign for the boot that she set out at the garage sale but it said "Tips for kids at Shriner's Hosbittle" *TEAR* The sign got wet and I had to throw it away before I got a picture :(

I am so very thankful for caring, compassionate children that have a heart to help others! They amaze me all the time with the things they think of. They love to be involved and have a soft spot for helping others!

No comments: