Sunday, November 13, 2011

Month of Thanks- Day 10

Thursday's post:

We ran out daylight taking pictures of the kids yesterday at the park so we headed back for day two on Thursday. Laney had to go to the bathroom REALLY bad so I unhappily took her to the public bathrooms in the park. I heard some scurrying when I opened the door and one of the stall doors slammed. I looked around and noticed that there were bags on the ground and a horrible smell coming from the back stall. It didn't take me long to realize there was a poor lady hiding in there. She was homeless. I had seen her wondering around the park the night before but seeing her hidden behind a stall, the smell, and hearing her mumbling to herself was so very heartbreaking. It made me so thankful to have a home and that I don't have to worry about where my next meal might come from. It literally broke my heart.

No comments: