Monday, November 7, 2011

Month of Thanks: Day 6

A day late...AGAIN! I'm going to try my hardest to do so much better on this blog thing! Yesterday, I was most thankful for my sweet children's love for God. I feel horrible because we woke up late and they REALLY wanted to go to church :( We decided to have church at home and Laney started writing a list (I had no idea what she was writing) and later that morning, I asked if they were ready for church and Laney ran to get her list. I almost cried when I looked at it! She has such a precious, thoughtful heart.


If you can't read her sweet handwriting, she made a song list for worship time and here are the songs:

Jesus Songs
*Jesus loves me
*The B-I-B-L-E
*Twinkle, twinkle little star
*ABC'S
*I love you in the morning and in the afternoon
*Jesus died on the cross for us.

After the reading the last sentence, I asked her if that was a song and she said "not really" and ran off embarrassed about me reading it. So I had her come back in and we talked about Jesus dying on the cross. I then taught them the song that goes like this:

You came from Heaven to Earth to show the way,
From the Earth to the Cross my debts to pay,
From the Cross to the Grave from the Grave to the sky,
Lord I lift Your name on high!

Yes, it is totally an old school song but my kids had never heard of it and they loved doing the motions that go along with it. I am kicking myself for not taking pictures of that part. I just love them. They bless me each and every day!

No comments: