Thursday, November 10, 2011

Month of Thanks- Day 8

Tuesday's Post:

Ok, so this post is emotional for me. I can't help but think of my sweet Grandpa and how much I miss him and how much I just love all of my grandparents!

Laney's school held their annual Grandparent's Day on Tuesday. This year the theme was Hee Haw (an old t.v. show) Such a cute idea! Laney was asked to do a part and tell jokes but she chickened out so she became part of the singing group..."pickers and grinners" is what I think they were called.



When I was a little girl, we used to stay the night at my Grandma and Grandpa's quite a bit. I can remember we would always watch either Wheel of Fortune, 48 Hours, or HEE HAW! Such great memories. And I can also remember my Dad teaching me the infamous Hee Haw song "Where oh where are you tonight, why did you leave me here all alone? I searched the world over and I thought I'd found true love, you met another and PTHTHTHHHH (blowing, spitting, air sound ha) you were GONE!

So you can imagine my excitement when I found out the theme for Grandparents Day!! It's the one show that REALLY reminds me of my grandparents!

The week before Grandparents Day, I went and helped Laney's class make gifts for their grandparents. Talk about fun! I love all of the sweet kids in her class!








My parents- "Nana and Pepaw", Brandon's Mom- "Oma", and my Grandma came to share the day with Laney. Of course, Brandon and I wanted to be there for the program and my brother came along as well :) First, we ate lunch at "Lulu's Truck Stop" We were all impressed with their nachos! Yummy!


And these little cuties tagged along too ;)





Then it was time for games, book fair, and gifts. Laney wasn't too interested in the games so we headed down the hall to her classroom to show everyone where she sits, meet her teacher, and to give them her presents.


The barn wood that I used for the display was from my Grandpa's old barn where he had chickens. It made me feel like he was there celebrating with us. I also wish my Granny and Papa would have been able to come!

After that we headed to the book fair where Laney talked her Pepaw in to buying her FOUR books! ;) Nana told her to pick out a book and so she picked out like 6 or 7 and Pepaw said ok pick out a couple and put the rest up. So she picked out 3 and Nana said "Ok I am going to put these up then" and Laney said "Aww but that one looks sooo good!" So of course Pepaw caved in and said "Ok, you can have four." I told him he didn't have to get that many but he was ok with it because it went to a good cause. So sweet! They bought Sadie and Cade some bookmarks too.



We headed back to the cafeteria to watch the program. I gotta tell ya, they went ALL out on decorating! They did such a good job! My company, YouNique Creations made and designed the different banners. They turned out pretty good! I was proud of them!




The program was absolutely adorable! I was impressed! What an awesome group of kids! Some friends recorded it so I will try to get a copy to put on here soon.







We had such a great time! Made me realize how thankful I am for my grandparents. Until September of this year I was SO blessed to have all 4 of my grandparents living. I absolutely hate that I sometimes take for granted what a privilege it is to be as close to them as I am.

I am also thankful that my kids have such loving grandparents and great grandparents! They have so many people that love them and are very blessed as well!

No comments: