Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Month of Thanks-Day 15

The past two days, Sadie has been asking me some big questions. I have to admit, when Laney was Sadie's age, I would have flipped out if she had said some of these things. Everything she said scared me for some reason.

Yesterday, Sadie asked me how we got to God. It was the sweetest thing. She has been really curious and I think its because Granny and Grandpa went to Heaven this year.

I told her I thought the angels probably helped you fly to God when you get old. She was worried that we would break the clouds. Ahh, precious! She then wanted to know if we would have chairs and food up there. I told her I bet we would and she then asked if we would have a bed and wanted to know if she could sleep with me and daddy so I could hold her. Talking about making you cry! She wanted to know if Nana and Pepaw and Papa would be there. Oh, and Curtis. So silly.

I love that kid. She is definitely a thinker. She wants to know everything and she cares about everyone so much. One day she asked me if I was SURE that God was taking good care of Granny and Grandpa! And she prays for God to protect "everyone, even the bad people" and she KNOWS God will protect us. Tonight it was raining and she said "OH I'm scared of the storm! No wait! (puts her hand to her heart) I mean I'm not scared because God protects us!" Precious!
I am thankful for pure, sweet, innocent hearts tonight.

And I'm thankful for my family tonight. Does it get any sweeter?!

No comments: