Monday, November 21, 2011

Month of Thanks- Day 20

Sunday-

Brandon had plans for us to go to Huntsville or Pettigrew to hunt but somehow he didn't hear his alarm clock (a normal thing for him). I can't say that I was disappointed!! It was so nice to wake up and not have to rush anywhere...or so I thought!

We had just finished our muffins and Laney came in begging about going to church. We have been struggling so much lately about where to go and where we belong. It's been horrible not going anywhere. I can definitley tell a difference in every area of our lives when we miss church.

We've been thinking about trying out a new church that someone told us about for quite sometime but with my surgery and other happenings, we hadn't been able to. I felt horrible when Laney begged to go so we decided we'd go!! The RUSH begins!!

Thankfully, this church didn't start until 10:30 so we had time to get ready! Getting five people ready in one hour was no small feat, but we made it! We even made it a few minutes early ;)

Talk about a welcoming! They all talked and loved on our kids and were so helpful to show us where to go and what to do. It felt like home being there. We REALLY enjoyed it! Cade even stayed almost the whole time in nursery which he has never done before! They brought him to me during the altar call so I thought he did pretty good.

They were having a Mexican Thanksgiving Feast that night and so many people asked us to come. Unfortunately, Brandon had his mind set on going hunting that evening so we didn't go. The girls were so upset that we weren't going, so I'm gonna say they loved going to that church too! They have talked nonstop about the Christmas play where they are gonna be angels :) So sweet!

That evening we all drove to Huntsville and we did a "drive-thru" at the Coger Farm. We do this several times a year, ever year. Some of my favorite memories are driving through looking for deer on the farm. We dropped Daddy off at his hunting spot and the kids and I went to Wal-Mart to look around.

A few months ago, Cade saw this Mickey at the store and played with it FOREVER!! He is so cute! He loves that thing and did not want to let it go last night!!



Then we went to the new Dollar General (I was not too impressed) and drove around town the rest of the time looking at everything. I have to admit I got sad a few times thinking about how we used to live there, the memories, etc.

Finally, Daddy called us back and we did a drive through again as it was getting dark! We saw several deer and Daddy shot at one but missed. It was WAY to dark anyways! I don't know how he could see anything!

Here are a few pics of us hunting at the Coger Farm a few years back. Cade wasn't even born yet (I don't think-if he was he was a baby). The girls look so little! We always have the best time there!

(Sadie looked at this pic and wanted to know why SHE didn't get to get in the picture! ha She thought she was Cade here :) They do look alike!) 







SO thankful for sweet, loving children who love going to church and learning more about God and how much they LOVE Jesus and for lazy fun days at the Coger Farm!

No comments: